This visa allows the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to travel to and live in Australia. One application is made for both the temporary and permanent visa application.
In most cases, applicants are not eligible for the permanent visa until two years after their application is made.
Applications are lodged offshore.
309 - Temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia until the permanent visa is granted.
100 - Permanent visa permitting the holder to travel to and enter Australia for a period of 5 years from the date of grant.
GOV PROCESSING TIMES
11-16 months (309)
13-22 months from date of eligibility for 100 visas
It should be noted that individual actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
Additional Applicant (over 18)
Additional applicant (under 18)
Other fees may include:
- Migration Agent Fees
- Private Medical insurance
- Police Certificates
You must be outside Australia when you apply and also when the Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) is granted. You can be in or outside Australia when Partner visa (subclass 100) is granted.
VISA REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Sponsorship by an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Being Married or in a de-facto relationship with your sponsor
- You must be in a mutually exclusive, genuine and continuing relationship with your spouse/de facto partner.
- You live with your spouse/partner or do not live apart on a permanent basis.
- Ensuring your partner is not prohibited from sponsoring applicants for the Partner visa
- Meeting both the health and character criteria.