The 457 visa is intended to provide streamlined entry arrangements for businesses needing
to recruit skilled staff on a temporary basis.
The 457 visa program is designed to fill skill shortages that cannot be met from the local labour market. There are 3 stages to the visa. Firstly, the company would be set up as a Standard Business Sponsor (SBS), then a nomination would be lodged and finally the visa application itself submitted. Typically, the visa is for 4 years in duration. Employees can change employer but only once a new nomination is approved.
A temporary visa permitting the holder to remain in Australia for 4 years from date of grant (if in Australia) or date of entry (if outside Australia )
GOV PROCESSING TIMES
51 days - 6 months (visa only)
It should be noted that individual actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
Additional Applicant (over 18)
Additional applicant (under 18)
Subsequent Temporary application
Other fees may include:
- Migration Agent Fees
- Skills Assessment Fees
Private medical insurance
- Police Certificates
- English Language Testing
All of Australia is eligible for the Temporary Work (Skilled) 457 visa.
Applicants can be onshore or offshore. You are permitted to live and work anywhere in Australia.
VISA REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Vocational English (e.g IELTS overall score of 5 and at least 4.5 in each band)
- You meet the qualifications, skills and experience requirements for the nominated occupation. Please note it may be possible to meet this requirement based on experience only.
- Skills assessments (can be requested but typically they are not required).
- There are no age restrictions.
- That if mandatory for the occupation hold the relevant licensing, registration or professional membership. e.g Nurses, teachers.
- To be actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia
- Meeting the training benchmark requirements to train Australian workers.
- Nominating an occupation on the Consolidated Skilled Occupation list (CSOL)
- Proving there is a ‘genuine need’ for the position to be nominated within the business.
- Nominating the employee to work in the position
- Meeting the Labour Market testing requirements (if applicable)
- Meeting the ‘market salary rate’ criteria and the base salary is above $53,900 per year.