The Prospective Marriage visa is for people who want to come to Australia with the
intention of marrying their prospective spouse.
Once they have entered Australia they have 9 months in which to marry. The marriage can take place in Australia or overseas. After marrying their prospective spouse (and while visa is still in effect), the visa holder can apply for a onshore Partner visa.
Temporary visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia for 9 months from date of grant.
GOV PROCESSING TIMES
(dependent on country of passport)
It should be noted that individual actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
Additional Applicant (over 18)
Additional applicant (under 18)
Other fees may include:
- Migration Agent Fees
- Private Medical insurance
- Police Certificates
You must be outside Australia when you lodge your application and when the visa is granted.
VISA REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- Sponsorship by an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- Being over 18 years of age
- That you have met and be known to each other
- That you genuinely intend to marry
- That you intend to live together as spouses
- That the sponsor is not prohibited from sponsorship
- Meeting both the health and character criteria.