SUMMARY OF THE 482 VISA
The Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) (subclass 482) visa enables employers to address labour shortages by bringing in genuinely skilled workers where they cannot source an appropriately skilled Australian. See Visa Makers for the 482 Visa to PR pathways.
There are 3 stages to the TSS visa. Firstly, the company would be set up as a Sponsor, then a nomination would be lodged and finally the visa application itself submitted. There are 3 streams to the visa (Short-term, Medium-term and Labour Agreement streams). Length of stay - One to four years depending on your nominated occupation, the visa stream and your circumstances. Capacity for only one onshore visa renewal under the Short-Term stream. Capacity for visa renewal onshore and a permanent residence pathway after three years under the Medium-Term stream.
TSS VISA STATUS
A temporary visa permitting the holder to remain in Australia for up to 2 years (Short-term stream) or up to 4 years (Medium-term stream)
The TSS Visa Conditions are that Condition 8607 and 8501 must be imposed and 8303 may be imposed.
See Visa Makers for advice on 482 Visa to PR options.
482 VISA PROCESSING TIMES
5 to 11 months (Short Term)
4 to 8 months (Medium Term)
Actual TSS 482 visa processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
482 VISA FEES
Additional Applicant (over 18)
Additional applicant (under 18)
Subsequent Temporary application
Other fees may include:
- Migration Agent Fees
- Skills Assessment Fees
- Private medical insurance
- Police Certificates
- English Language Testing
All of Australia is eligible for the Temporary Skills Shortage 482 visa.
Applicants can be onshore or offshore. You are permitted to live and work anywhere in Australia.
482 VISA REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- The applicant has worked in the nominated occupation or a related field for at least 2 years.
- English requirements vary depending on the visa stream. See Visa Makers for the TSS visa IELTS requirements.
- The applicant has the skills, qualifications and employment background that Immigration considers necessary to perform the tasks of the nominated occupation
- Skills assessments are required for certain trade occupations and countries. (exemptions apply). All applicants can be requested to obtain a skills assessment though if requested by Immigration.
- There are no age restrictions.
- The applicant’s intention to perform the nominated occupation is genuine and the position associated with the nominated occupation is genuine.
- If mandatory for the occupation hold the relevant licensing, registration or professional membership. e.g Nurses, teachers.
- To be actively and lawfully operating a business in Australia.
- Skilling Australian Fund (SAF) is payable upfront at time of Nomination.
- Nominating an occupation on the 'Occupation List' for the TSS 482 visa.
- Proving there is a ‘genuine need’ for the position to be nominated within the business.
- Nominating the employee to work in the position for a full time position.
- Meeting the Labour Market Testing (LMT) requirements. See Visa Makers as no refunds are provided by Immigration if this requirement is not met correctly.
- Meeting the ‘Annual Market Salary Rate (AMSR)’ criteria and the 'guaranteed annual earnings' are above $53,900 per year.