Visitor Visa Australia - 600 Visa
This visa is for tourists, business visitors or to visit family for 3, 6 or 12 months.
The Visitor Visa Australia for Parents can be a great option to bring your parents here.
The 600 visa - Visitor visa Australia comprises of four streams: 1. Tourist visa stream, 2. Sponsored Family stream 3.Business Visitor stream 4. Approved Destination Status stream. Most applicants apply for the Tourist visa stream. The Tourist visa stream is for persons intending to visit Australia for the purpose of tourism or other recreational activities such as holidays or sightseeing, social or recreational reasons, visiting relatives or friends studying for less than three months, other short-term, non-work purposes.
Temporary visa permitting the holder to remain in Australia for a period, or until a date, specified by Immigration. It may permit the holder to travel to, and enter, Australia on one or more occasions
The 600 visa processing time varies depending on stream. Wait times can be a few days to 4 months.
The Visitor Visa for Australia fees also vary depending on stream
eg the Onshore 600 visa currently is $475
Other fees may include:
- Migration Agent Fees
- Subsequent Temporary Application Charge ($700)
- Police checks
Onshore or Offshore.
No bridging visa for offshore applicants
VISA REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
- The applicant ‘genuinely intends’ to stay temporarily in Australia for the purpose for which the visa is granted.
- Assessment of previous visa compliance, applicant’s intention to comply with conditions of the 600 visa, considerations of any other matter eg. Personal circumstances, Credibility, Purpose and period of stay, Previous immigration/travel history and Intel reports and profile.
- Applicants must have adequate means to support themselves, or access to adequate means to support themselves, during the period of the applicant’s intended stay in Australia.
- Meet character and security related criteria
- Meet relevant health criteria. 600 Visa health insurance may be required.
VISITOR VISA 600 REFUSED?
Note: Due to COVID-19 it is anticipated a large number of applicants for Visitor Visa 600 refusals will take place in Australia. Understandably many people wish to remain in Australia at this time. At Visa Makers a common question we get asked is my visitor visa 600 refused can I apply again? This is a great question. Unfortunately if you do not hold a substantive visa and after last entering Australia were refused the visitor visa then you would be blocked in applying again. You may though have the right to appeal the decision if you are in Australia.
If you have any questions about the 600 visa please complete the form below and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible