The Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. It is split into 2 streams or pathways.
The Graduate Work stream is open to graduates with an eligible qualification, who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation that is considered in demand in the Australian labour market. The Post-Study Work stream is only open to overseas students who have recently graduated with an eligible higher education degree from an Australian educational institution.
Graduate Work Stream
Temporary Visa permitting the holder to travel to, enter and remain in Australia for 18 months for graduate work stream holders.
Post study work stream
Visa holders can stay for either 2, 3 or 4 years dependent on their course of study.
GOV PROCESSING TIMES
9 - 10 Months (GWS)
9 - 9 Months (PSWS)
It should be noted that individual actual processing times may vary depending on a range of factors.
Additional Applicant (over 18)
Additional applicant (under 18)
Other fees may include:
- Migration Agent Fees
- Skills Assessment Fees
- Private Medical insurance
- Police Certificates
- English Language Testing
-there is no fee to lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI)
Must be in Australia at time of grant
VISA REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
GRADUATE WORK STREAM
- You have had your qualifications assessed by the relevant assessing authority.
- You have an occupation on the Skilled Occupation list
- You have met the following English requirements:
- IELTS: Overall score of 6 with a minimum score of 5 in each of the 4 components.
- OET test: A score of at least B
- TOEFL iBT: Score of at least 64 with a minimum score of 4 in listening, 4 in reading, 14 in writing and 14 in speaking.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: Overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 in each of the 4 components.
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE) test: Overall test score of at least 15 in each of the 4 components. (test must have been taken on or after 1st January 2015)
- You have met the Australian study requirement.
- In the six months before you apply, you must meet the Australian study requirement.
- Your qualification is classed as closely related to the nominated occupation
POST-STUDY WORK STREAM
- You hold an eligible qualification at AQF 7 or above.
- The English requirements are the same as in the Graduate Work Stream.
- You have met the Australian study requirement
- You applied for, and were granted, your first student visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011