This is a new (well Nov 2019) and enhanced employer-sponsored visa to assist regional Australia.
Fantastic how do I apply?
Well firstly you and your employer would first need to be sure you are eligible.
The 494 visa has many benefits.
1. It offers a long visa (5 year temporary visa) and the option of Permanent Residency after 3 years,
2. It is priority processed by Immigration.
3. Perth is classed as regional for the 494 visa (those over east come on over (after COVID obviously))
4. Holders of the 494 visa will have access to Medicare
5. Work rights will automatically be attached to Bridging Visa As.
The two main drawbacks are:
1. At the time of application you will need to have been employed in the nominated occupation for at least 3 years on a full-time basis and at the level of skill required for the occupation (Not easy for students)
2. Generally, you will need a full Skills Assessment (not a 485 assessment) (not easy for some occupations eg chefs).
Anyway there is a brief summary of the new 494 Visa.
For more information or to get in touch please click on the link below.
To your visa success.
Andrew EP McAuley